22 June 2010

C Is For Comme des Garcons

I might just have to use her for the letter R because she is so awesome, but Comme des Garcons (which, by the way is french for "like the boys") designer Rei Kawakubo is a fashion genius, and her designs are fun and quirky. The line is known for its mixing of menswear with feminine pieces and prints (especially polka dots), and its pieces are whimsical, fun, and unique. The clothing has been described as "anti-fashion", some pieces appearing unfinished or oddly draped; however, its oddness is what makes it so appealing.

Spring 2010

Images from: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/F2010RTW-CMMEGRNS http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2010RTW-CMMEGRNS

4 comments:

  1. I love Rei Kawakubo/Comme de Garcons, too! I'm excited to read the rest of your alphabet, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think rei is a genius, her pieces are so interesting to look at it and everything looks so detailed

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lord I agree! Comme des Garcons is beyond words.. Your discription was very accurate. Rei is truely a maker of inspiration and you seem to be becoming one as well. I really enjoy reading your blog. And loving the alphabet posts! Keep it up! I would love to consider myself worthy of being a letter... but alas that is a dream of mine... but if you happen to be looking for an R... let me know!

    xoxo,
    Raeshelle of The Marchesa
    www.themarchesa.blogspot.com
    Follow me if you like what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love comme. cool idea with the alphabet focus too.

    visit, leave your mark, follow?
    http://kagglejardin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete