25 June 2010

F Is For Fur

I love furs (faux of course. I am an animal lover!), and often wish I could wear them all year,though unfortunately where I live more than half of the year is blistering hot; moreover, the weather combined with my budget (I am after all 15 and a job has still eluded me in these tight economic times) has prevented me from buying them, as most people don't wear them where I live. I have however gotten a nice fur coat from my grandmother that will definitely appear in later posts. Anyway, whether you go designer or thrift them, furs can add a fun and mystical (at least to me here in this ridiculously hot summer weather) look to any outfit. And if you cannot tell I am miserable in the heat of summer. It is over 100 degrees where I am, though it is perfect for swimming.


By the way, those last two pics are from one of my favorite editorials of all time (furs modeled by Dhani Harrison and Sasha Pivovarova) :)

Images from: http://www.fashionologie.com/Chanel-Fall-2010-All-Faux-Fur-Icebergs-7683741, sea of shoes, and http://styleexchange.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/sasha-pivovarova-and-dhani-harrison-for-fashion-rocks-2008/

12 comments:

  1. beautiful fur styling, love them all


    D E G A I N E

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the photos!
    love your blog! Great post, please check out our blog: madeline-sophie.blogspot.com. please read, comment, and/or follow.
    sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah fur. Maybe I should post my thing on fur and do a like to your lovely post! But you see I have the biggest debate on faux vs. Real fur... Ah well. Lovely post! and OH I love that spread too!!

    xoxo,
    Raeshelle of The Marchesa
    www.themarchesa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, fur. You should wear the coat over your swimsuit! And wear cats-eye sunglasses, lipstick, and towering heels, and strut about and be like, "yeah."

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome outfits here! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the fur jackets

    Tc

    Check out our blog hope you follow it

    www.frontrowmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rrriot-face,
    love the idea...might appear in a later post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shoot

    Kisses from France
    Olivia & Mariam



    http://daily-women.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. like your blog! Please visit our fashionblog:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this post! i love fur as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! They are such beautiful shots!! xoxxoxoo

    ReplyDelete